Home, Hope and Healing has a full time opening for a Quality Assurance (QA) Assistant position working out of our central office in Smithfield. Will provide office support duties to the QA department and for our Homecare and Behavioral Health divisions related to the maintenance and security of client records. The position reports to the QA Manager.
• Create new client charts and maintain electronic client charts
• Scan client records to the company network
• Verify scanned documents for accuracy and quality
• Fax and track all physician orders and deliver faxes to clinical and office staff
• Update client changes in computer system
• Assist with maintenance of tracking databases including referrals and physician licenses
• Generate and mail monthly medical treatment records to client homes
• Create new client open packets for nurses, copy and mail weekly documentation for client home charts, pull information from client chart and make copies for clinical and administrative staff
• Date stamp incoming mail and deliver outgoing mail to post office as needed
• Assist staff with questions regarding computer programs, copier, fax machine and postage meter
Education & Experience Requirements:
AS degree with 2+ years of office experience is preferred, or a combination of education and work experience. Familiarity with the home healthcare field a plus.
Other Job Requirements:
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and client/patient privacy; good understanding of privacy laws such as HIPPA
• Great attention to detail and ability to look for quality indicators in work flow
• Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
• Reliable and strong work ethic with excellent customer service skills
• Good computer skills; ability to enter data and log information into computerized databases, learn scanning software and use MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
• Good written and verbal communication skills utilizing a high degree of professionalism with all clients, client families, staff and customers
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Ability to work independently as well as closely with other departments in a team environment
Excellent benefits include:
Health Insurance with a company-matched Health Savings Account and a company contribution towards a Health Reimbursement Arrangement; Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts (health and dependent care); company-paid Life Insurance.
Paid Time Off accrual for vacation and sick time off; paid Holidays; may participate in other supplemental insurance plans such as Short-term Disability (STD), Life, Cancer, etc. EAP (Employee Assistance Program) benefit.
401(k) retirement plan with up to a 4% employer match after one year of service, 1,000 work hours and attaining age 21.
Please upload a resume’ and cover letter on the last page of the online application.