Aspire Behavioral Health & Counseling is seeking employees to work as Community Support Workers (CSW's). The CSW provides one-on-one support for children and their families, in the home and community setting. CSW’s serve children from birth to age twenty-one, who have been diagnosed with emotional or behavioral challenges. The support and services provided are based upon the client’s individual needs, following an individual client treatment plan. Services include teaching functional life skills such as self-care and hygiene, safety awareness, basic meal preparation, fine and gross motor, communication, and social and relationship development.
Flexible, part-time or per diem work schedule - determined by you and your client - primarily afternoons and weekends.
Aspire Behavioral Health & Counseling's purpose and mission is to inspire, lift and empower the lives of individuals with behavioral and intellectual challenges to assist them in reaching their full potential. Aspire Behavioral Health & Counseling is a division of Home, Hope & Healing, Inc., a home healthcare agency that cares for medically fragile children and adults throughout Maine.
Come join our growing team and work in a caring, mission-focused work environment!
$500.00 Bonus Applicable when hired with a Behavioral Health Certification.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent, and at least 18 years of age
• BHP (Behavioral Health Professional) certified applicants preferred, but not required; note: entry-level candidates who do not have current BHP certification are required to complete a training program during their employment to become certified (a web-based course is available)
• One or more years of experience working with children who have special or behavioral health needs is preferred
• Successful passing of background checks
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
• Reliable transportation with current automobile liability insurance
• Excellent work boundaries and professionalism
• Relate to client and family with compassion
• Great verbal communication skills
• Demonstrate knowledge to problem solve in challenging situations
• Demonstrate knowledge to teach children a variety of skills as identified in the Section 28 Treatment Plan
• Good writing skills for documenting client treatment activities
• Fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality
• Have a direct contact line in order to communicate with the supervisor and the office for calling in schedules, to discuss work-related matters, and for emergencies
Some benefits available to staff that work 20 hours/week or more, to include:
up to 2 weeks of Paid Time Off accrual for vacation, sick and holiday time off; may participate in other supplemental insurance plans such as Short-term Disability (STD), Life, Cancer, etc.
All staff are eligible for the Employer-paid benefits of EAP (Employee Assistance Program) and the SmartDollar online financial wellness program.
401(k) retirement plan with up to a 4% employer match offered to all staff (Per Diem, PT, or FT) after one year of service, 1,000 work hours and attaining age 21.
Pay Range: $13.00-$16.00/hour.