Aspire Behavioral Health & Counseling is seeking employees to work as Community Support Workers (CSW's). The CSW will serve children and families in both the home and community setting. CSW’s provide one-on-one support and assistance with an individual client treatment plan, by teaching functional life skills such as self-care and hygiene, safety awareness, basic meal preparation, fine and gross motor, communication, and social and relationship development.
Flexible, part-time or per diem work schedule - determined by you and your client - primarily afternoons and weekends.
Aspire Behavioral Health & Counseling's purpose and mission is to inspire, lift and empower the lives of individuals with behavioral and intellectual challenges to assist them in reaching their full potential. Aspire Behavioral Health & Counseling is a division of Home, Hope & Healing, Inc., a home healthcare agency that cares for medically fragile children and adults throughout Maine.
Come join our growing team and work in a caring, mission-focused work environment!
$500.00 Bonus Applicable when hired with a Behavioral Health Certification.
Ideal applicants will:
• have excellent work boundaries and professionalism
• relate to client and family with compassion
• have great verbal communication skills
• have good writing skills for documenting client treatment activities
• fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality
Educational & Other Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• One or more years of experience working with children who have special or behavioral health needs is preferred
• BHP (Behavioral Health Professional) certified applicants preferred, but not required; Note: entry-level candidates who do not have current BHP certification are required to complete a training program during their employment to become certified (a web-based course is available)
• Successful passing of background checks
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
• Reliable transportation with current automobile liability insurance
Some benefits available to staff that work 20 hours/week or more, to include: up to 2 weeks of Paid Time Off accrual for vacation, sick and holiday time off; may participate in other supplemental insurance plans such as Short-term Disability (STD), Life, Cancer, etc. All staff are eligible for the EAP (Employee Assistance Program) benefit.
401(k) retirement plan with up to a 4% employer match offered to all staff (Per Diem, PT, or FT) after one year of service, 1,000 work hours and attaining age 21.
Pay Range: $11.00-$14.00/hour. EOE.