Home, Hope & Healing is seeking a CNA to work with a Young Adult client in the Berwick area, to provide care and services to improve the quality of a client’s life in their home. Block time shifts enable you to provide one-on-one services in one client home, for 8-12 hours per shift typically, and allows you to get to know the client’s needs very well, and to provide support to the family. Flexible hours and schedule are available to work per diem (as needed), or up to full time, regular hours with benefits!
We are looking for a reliable and caring candidate who wants to make a positive difference in the lives of disabled children or adults, or with seniors.
You will provide in-home assistance to help with the client’s activities of daily living (ADL), based on the client’s individual care plan. Duties may include: personal hygiene – bathing, grooming and oral care; dressing and undressing; meal preparation and feeding; transfer and/or mobility; and safe restroom use and maintaining continence. Will also provide instrumental activities of daily living such as assistance with communicating on the telephone, email or internet; meal preparation; and general housework such as laundry, dishes, and maintaining a hygienic place of residence.
CNA services provided to MaineCare recipients are prescribed by a physician and monitored by a Registered Nurse (RN). The CNA is under the administrative supervision of a Regional Nurse Manager (RNM) who is a RN.
Ideal applicants will:
• relate with compassion and empathy and provide warm encouragement
• have the highest integrity, is trustworthy and honest, to care for the client in the security of their home
• fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality
• have excellent work boundaries and professionalism
• possess great verbal communication skills, and good writing skills for documenting activities
• maintain excellent communication with HHH office staff and supervisory staff
• be adaptable in overcoming challenges and stressful situations with calmness and courtesy
• be able to lift, pull and/or transfer a client less than 35 lbs. without the assistance of a mechanical device while utilizing proper body mechanics; lift and/or transfer a client with a mechanical device or 2-person assist whose weight is 35-60 lbs., and by mechanical device only if client exceeds 60 lbs.
• fulfill other physical demands of the position such as bend, twist, pull, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach; capable of prolonged standing, walking, and occasional stair climbing.
• have reliable transportation.
Educational & Other Requirements:
• Must possess and maintain an active CNA certification
• One year of clinical experience in home care preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid driver’s license
• Successful passing of background checks
Excellent benefits package includes:
FT, 30-40 hours/week: Health Insurance with a company-matched Health Savings Account and a company contribution towards a Health Reimbursement Arrangement; Dental and Vision Insurance and Flexible Spending Accounts (health and dependent care); company-paid Life Insurance.
PT & FT, 20 hours/week or more – up to 2 weeks of Paid Time Off accrual for vacation, sick and holiday time off; may participate in other supplemental insurance plans such as Short-term Disability (STD), Life, Cancer, etc. All staff are eligible for the EAP (Employee Assistance Program) benefit.
401(k) retirement plan with up to a 4% employer match offered to all staff (Per Diem, PT, or FT) after one year of service, 1,000 work hours and attaining age 21.
Pay is determined upon hire and based on experience. EOE