Aspire Behavioral Health & Counseling, is seeking employees to work as Behavioral Health Professionals (BHP's). The BHP works collaboratively with children, families, and the mental health treatment team to help the child attain and achieve identified treatment plan goals.
Will report directly to the Clinician (who is providing clinical support to the client/family) regarding all activities and interventions used. The BHP provides services mainly in the home setting. Services in the community setting are only accessed when they are identified to the child’s individual needs.
The treatment provided to the child may include but is not limited to: using developmentally appropriate social skills, supporting and increasing effective communication skills, increasing positive relationship skills within the family, increasing positive parenting skills, and developing strategies to improve and manage future functioning in the home and community.
Flexible, part-time work schedule - determined by you and your client - primarily afternoons and weekends.
Aspire Behavioral Health & Counseling's purpose and mission is to inspire, lift and empower the lives of individuals with behavioral and intellectual challenges to assist them in reaching their full potential. Aspire Behavioral Health & Counseling is a division of Home, Hope & Healing, Inc., a home healthcare agency that cares for medically fragile children and adults throughout Maine.
Come join our growing team and work in a caring, mission-focused work environment!
Ideal applicants will:
• have excellent work boundaries and professionalism
• relate to client and family with compassion
• have great verbal communication skills
• have good writing skills for documenting client treatment activities
• fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality
Educational & Other Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field: social services, human services, health or education, or
if a Bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field, the BHP will be set up to have a specific supervision and training plan to be documented in their personnel file
• One or more years of experience working with children who have special or behavioral health needs is preferred
• BHP certified applicants preferred, but not required; Note: entry-level candidates who do not have current BHP certification are required to complete a training program during their employment to become certified (a web-based course is available)
• Successful passing of background checks
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
• Reliable transportation with current automobile liability insurance
Excellent benefits package includes:
PT & FT, 30-40 hours/week: Health Insurance with a company-matched Health Savings Account and a company contribution towards a Health Reimbursement Arrangement; Dental and Vision Insurance and Flexible Spending Accounts (health and dependent care); company-paid Life Insurance.
PT & FT, 20 hours/week or more – up to 2 weeks of Paid Time Off accrual for vacation, sick and holiday time off; may participate in other supplemental insurance plans such as Short-term Disability (STD), Life, Cancer, etc. All staff are eligible for the EAP (Employee Assistance Program) benefit.
401(k) retirement plan with up to a 4% employer match offered to all staff (Per Diem, PT, or FT) after one year of service, 1,000 work hours and attaining age 21.
Competitive Pay - determined upon hire and based on experience.
$500 Bonus is available if hired with current BHP Certification.