Home, Hope & Healing is seeking a skilled and compassionate RN, to work with a Pediatric client in the Weld area, who shares our vision to enrich the lives of clients and their families. We specialize in nursing care for medically complex clients in their homes through block time nursing; this gives nurses the opportunity to know the client clinically as well as providing support to the family. You will make a real difference in enhancing and improving the quality of our clients’ lives with your nursing skills. Block time shifts enable you to provide one-on-one services in one client home, for 8-12 hours per shift typically.
Flexible hours and schedule are available to work per diem (as needed), or up to full time, regular hours with benefits!
We ensure all our staff are well trained through client-specific education and hands-on training before working with our pediatric or adult clients.
This position reports to and is supported by a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Regional Nurse Manager (RNM) role.
Duties include but are not limited to: proactively apply nursing process to meet the needs of the client and to facilitate the achievement of individualized, defined and measurable outcomes; confer with client’s physician in developing, implementing, and revising a treatment plan based on initial and ongoing assessments and by policy/regulation; adhere to the treatment plan in the provision of care; initiate contact with the physician and RCC in a timely manner, utilizing appropriate, professional judgement; ensure interim/renewal physician orders are obtained as necessary and communicated effectively; and coordinate supply and equipment needs with DME vendors. The RN will also assess the appropriateness/effectiveness of LPN, CNA, and PSS services as well as provide on-site supervision and direction to them.
• critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• excellent interpersonal and appropriate supervisory skills
• excellent work boundaries and professionalism
• relate with compassion and empathy and provide warm encouragement
• high integrity and trustworthiness to provide care in the security of client home
• reliable and punctual
• good writing/documentation skills
• excellent communicator with agency office staff and supervisory staff
• lift, pull and/or transfer a client less than 35 lbs. without the assistance of a mechanical device with proper body mechanics; lift and/or transfer a 35-60 lb. client with a mechanical device or 2-person assist, and by mechanical device if client exceeds 60 lbs.
• fulfill other physical demands such as bend, twist, pull, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach; prolonged standing, sitting, walking, and occasional stair climbing.
• reliable transportation
Educational & Other Requirements:
• Current state of Maine Professional Nursing License
• One year of clinical experience in homecare, or 1 year of professional nursing experience in the past 3 years, or, for newly-licensed nurses and those who wish to return to clinical nursing, ask about our Preceptor Program!
• Valid driver’s license
• Successful passing of background checks
Excellent benefits package includes:
PT & FT, 30-40 hours/week: Health Insurance with a company-matched Health Savings Account and a company contribution towards a Health Reimbursement Arrangement; Dental and Vision Insurance and Flexible Spending Accounts (health and dependent care); company-paid Life Insurance.
PT & FT, 20 hours/week or more – up to 2 weeks of Paid Time Off accrual for vacation, sick and holiday time off; may participate in other supplemental insurance plans such as Short-term Disability (STD), Life, Cancer, etc. All staff are eligible for the EAP (Employee Assistance Program) benefit.
401(k) retirement plan with up to a 4% employer match offered to all staff (Per Diem, PT, or FT) after one year of service, 1,000 work hours and attaining age 21.
Pay is determined upon hire and based on experience. EOE