Home, Hope & Healing is seeking a skilled and compassionate RN, to work with an Adult and Pediatric client in the Portland area.
We specialize in nursing care for medically complex clients in their homes using block time nursing, which provides the opportunity to get to know the client clinically and to support the family, with one-on-one service in one client home. You’ll make a real difference to enhance and improve the quality of our clients’ lives with your nursing skills.
Flexible hours/schedules available to work per diem (as needed), or up to FT, with benefits. Shifts typically run 8 to 12-hours. Prior to working with our clients, staff are well trained with client-specific education and provided hands-on training.
Positions report to and are supported by a nursing manager who works as the Regional Clinical Coordinator (RCC).
Ideal applicants will:
• possess critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• have excellent interpersonal and appropriate supervisory skills
• have excellent work boundaries and professionalism
• relate with compassion and empathy and provide warm encouragement
• have the highest integrity, is trustworthy and honest, to care for the client in the security of their home
• fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality
• possess great verbal communication skills, and good writing skills for documenting activities
• maintain excellent communication with HHH office staff and supervisory staff
• be adaptable in overcoming challenges and stressful situations with calmness and courtesy
• be able to lift, pull and/or transfer a client less than 35 lbs. without the assistance of a mechanical device while utilizing proper body mechanics; lift and/or transfer a client with a mechanical device or 2-person assist whose weight is 35-60 lbs., and by mechanical device only if client exceeds 60 lbs.
• fulfill other physical demands of the position such as bend, twist, pull, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach; capable of prolonged standing, walking, and occasional stair climbing.
• have reliable transportation
Educational & Other Requirements:
• Current state of Maine Professional Nursing License (RN)
• One year of clinical experience in home care, or one year of professional nursing experience within the past three years, or for newly-licensed nurses and those who wish to return to clinical nursing, ask about our Preceptor Program!
• Valid driver’s license
• Successful passing of background checks
Excellent benefits package includes:
PT & FT, 30-40 hours/week: Health Insurance with a company-matched Health Savings Account and a company contribution towards a Health Reimbursement Arrangement; Dental and Vision Insurance and Flexible Spending Accounts (health and dependent care); company-paid Life Insurance.
PT & FT, 20 hours/week or more – up to 2 weeks of Paid Time Off accrual for vacation, sick and holiday time off; may participate in other supplemental insurance plans such as Short-term Disability (STD), Life, Cancer, etc. All staff are eligible for the EAP (Employee Assistance Program) benefit.
401(k) retirement plan with up to a 4% employer match offered to all staff (Per Diem, PT, or FT) after one year of service, 1,000 work hours and attaining age 21.
Pay is determined upon hire and based on experience. EOE
Please call us at 207-362-5252 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.