Home, Hope & Healing is seeking a skilled and compassionate LPN, to work with a Pediatric client in the Turner area, who shares our vision to enrich the lives of clients and their families. We specialize in nursing care for medically complex clients in their homes through block time nursing; this gives nurses the opportunity to know the client clinically as well as providing support to the family. You will make a real difference in enhancing and improving the quality of our clients’ lives with your nursing skills. Block time shifts enable you to provide one-on-one services in one client home, for 8-12 hours per shift typically.
Flexible hours and schedule are available to work per diem (as needed), or up to full time, regular hours with benefits!
We ensure all our staff are well trained through client-specific education and hands-on training before working with our pediatric or adult clients.
This position reports to and is supported by a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Regional Nurse Manager (RNM) role.
Duties include but are not limited to: provide skilled nursing intervention in the treatment of the client illness, rehabilitative needs and preventive care as set forth in established plan of care under the supervision and oversight of a professional RN; Will also provide nursing care according to the plan of care and agency policy; document all care provided each shift according to policy; administer medications and treatments prescribed by a physician; report to RN and document anything out of the norm; assists RN or physician in performing specialized duties; documents and implements physician orders; assist the client in learning self-care techniques; and performs within the limits of nursing experience, education, and state practice standards.
Ideal applicants will:
• possess critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• have excellent work boundaries and professionalism
• relate with compassion and empathy and provide warm encouragement
• have the highest integrity, is trustworthy and honest, to care for the client in the security of their home
• fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality
• possess great verbal communication skills, and good writing skills for documenting activities
• maintain excellent communication with HHH office staff and supervisory staff
• be adaptable in overcoming challenges and stressful situations with calmness and courtesy
• be able to lift, pull and/or transfer a client less than 35 lbs. without the assistance of a mechanical device while utilizing proper body mechanics; lift and/or transfer a client with a mechanical device or 2-person assist whose weight is 35-60 lbs., and by mechanical device only if client exceeds 60 lbs.
• fulfill other physical demands of the position such as bend, twist, pull, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach; capable of prolonged standing, walking, and occasional stair climbing.
• have reliable transportation
Educational & Other Requirements:
• Current state of Maine Licensed Practical Nursing License (LPN)
• One year of clinical experience in home care, or one year of professional nursing experience within the past three years, or for newly-licensed nurses and those who wish to return to clinical nursing, ask about our Preceptor Program!
• Valid driver’s license
• Successful passing of background checks
Excellent benefits package includes:
PT & FT, 30-40 hours/week: Health Insurance with a company-matched Health Savings Account and a company contribution towards a Health Reimbursement Arrangement; Dental and Vision Insurance and Flexible Spending Accounts (health and dependent care); company-paid Life Insurance.
PT & FT, 20 hours/week or more – up to 2 weeks of Paid Time Off accrual for vacation, sick and holiday time off; may participate in other supplemental insurance plans such as Short-term Disability (STD), Life, Cancer, etc. All staff are eligible for the EAP (Employee Assistance Program) benefit.
401(k) retirement plan with up to a 4% employer match offered to all staff (Per Diem, PT, or FT) after one year of service, 1,000 work hours and attaining age 21.
Pay is determined upon hire and based on experience. EOE